HOME SEALING: THE SECRET TO KEEPING COLD AIR OUT
Dec 19, 2019
How to Keep Out Cold Air
Keeping the cold air outdoors is key to keeping your home warm and your electric bills low this winter. So what is the secret to keeping out the cold air? The answer is often home sealing. Here is a quick guide to home sealing, brought to you by a Raleigh HVAC expert.
What is Home Sealing?
Home sealing is the most natural solution for unwanted air infiltration. Cool air often enters your home through gaps in your windows, doors, crawl spaces, ducts, attic, and other vulnerable points in your structure. By sealing these gaps, you can eliminate the constant flow of warm air from escaping. This comes with a few added benefits:
- Lower monthly electric bills: It is no secret that you pay for the warm air that is lost in your home, which is quite literally money right out the window. You will see the effects of home sealing reflected in your monthly electric bills.
- Reduced carbon footprint: Are you looking for new ways to help the environment? Home sealing may be the answer. When you improve the efficiency of your home, you are also lowering your personal carbon footprint.
- Comfortability: Sealing the gaps in your home leads to more comfortable and consistent home temperatures.
- HVAC ease: Without the added stress of inefficiency, your HVAC system will not have to compensate for the extra cold air entering your home. Home sealing can help you protect your HVAC system.
How Do I Know if my Home is Efficient?
You might be wondering whether or not home sealing is right for you. A Home Performance Audit audit can detect all of the areas in your home where the warm air is escaping. After identifying where your home is inefficient and to what degree, energy efficiency experts can work with you to seal and manage these points of unwanted air infiltration.
When is the Best Time for Home Sealing?
Home sealing can be completed at any time of year; however, it is best not to wait until you encounter an issue to complete this service. By staying ahead of issues to your home, you can reap all of the benefits of efficiency services and prevent problems to your home and your HVAC system. At the first sign of unwanted air infiltration, contact your local energy efficiency specialists for a consultation.
How Much Does Home Sealing Cost? How Long Does it Take?
The cost of home sealing as well as how long it takes to seal depends entirely on the unique composition of your structure. Each home requires an individual efficiency plan based on the energy audit results. Here are some factors that can contribute to the scope of your home sealing project:
- How large is your home?
- Which efficiency services are needed?
- How efficient is your structure?
For help answering these and other questions, contact your local experts for insight.
Newcomb and Company
If you are ready to improve the efficiency of your home, partner with the experts at Newcomb and Company. Our specialists have the skills and equipment needed to locate and seal areas of your home that are letting in the cold air. Schedule a service appointment or fill out our online form for an estimate today to get started!
Need help? Call now.