Tips and Trick for Saving on HVAC Repairs in Raleigh
Jun 07, 2021
If you’re looking for HVAC service in Raleigh, you might be interested in learning how to reduce your repair costs and save on a new HVAC unit. At Newcomb and Company, we can help you lower your yearly HVAC maintenance costs and set you up with cost-effective new HVAC systems when you need them.
By being more aware of some of the top tips and tricks for saving on HVAC maintenance, you can get more out of your HVAC system and lower the risk your HVAC system needs expensive repairs. Check out our main tips for saving on HVAC upkeep and find out more about how we can help you reduce your HVAC costs with our maintenance services.
Five Tips for Saving on HVAC Repairs
When you want to save on HVAC repairs, start by being proactive with annual maintenance. By taking action to keep your HVAC system running smoothly throughout the year, you can reduce your overall costs—on everything from unnecessary energy expenses to system repairs. Since some proactive HVAC best practices can reduce the chances of significant HVAC damage and wear, you’ll lower the risk your HVAC system needs costly repairs.
Below are five practical tips you can use to save on HVAC costs throughout the year:
- Check your filters: If you don’t replace dirty or clogged filters, you run a higher risk of HVAC system damage. Checking and cleaning your filters monthly and replacing them every three months can help you lower the chances a dirty filter hurts your HVAC system.
- Ensure Your Outdoor Unit Is Clear of Other Materials: When an outdoor unit has vegetation and environmental debris covering it, the unit can start to have trouble blowing exhaust air to the outdoors. If the unit can’t eject exhaust air, it can end up overheating and damaging your HVAC system. Keep an eye on your HVAC unit and remove any bushes, leaves, or debris that might form around it.
- Clean Your Drain Lines: If your drain lines get clogged with dust and dirt, they can start working less efficiently and raise the risk of mold and algae growth in your system. When left unchecked, clogged drains can negatively affect the rest of your system, resulting in a costly repair. To avoid damage, regularly clean your drain lines——or have an expert do this for you during a maintenance visit.
- Remove dirt from your outdoor unit: Over time, your outdoor HVAC unit can acquire dirt, debris, pollen, and mold. When your HVAC system is dirty, it is more likely to incur damage. By having your outdoor unit professionally cleaned during your annual maintenance visit, you can prevent costly repairs and system inefficiencies.
- Schedule regular HVAC checkups: When you schedule regular inspections with an HVAC repair company like Newcomb and Company, a team of HVAC experts will check your system for inefficiencies and signs of damage. If they spot any issues, they’ll take action, helping you reduce maintenance costs by fixing smaller issues before they turn into incredibly costly ones.
How Newcomb and Company Can Help You Save on HVAC Costs
Alongside the many ways you can prevent your HVAC system from breaking down prematurely and costing you money, you may want to turn to a company that can help you stay on top of your HVAC needs. At Newcomb and Company, we have a team of certified HVAC technicians that are ready to help you save money and keep your HVAC system performing optimally year-round.
One of the best ways we help our clients keep their HVAC costs low is with our comfort contracts. When you partner with us through these contracts, we’ll send professionals to your home on regular maintenance visits to ensure your HVAC system keeps you comfortable. Additionally, our regular heating and inspections have proven to extend our clients’ HVAC systems’ lifespans, reduce the costs of air conditioning and heating repair, and improve systems’ overall energy efficiency.
After you agree to our comfort contract, we’ll send a team to your home twice a year. Once they arrive, they’ll check your HVAC system for maintenance issues, taking action to ensure your HVAC unit runs efficiently. Some of the top ways our comfort contracts can save you money include:
- Greater discounts on parts and labor
- Lower service and after-hour service fees for plumbing and HVAC
- Reduced energy fees due to a more efficient HVAC system
Another one of the main ways we help our clients save money is by offering several promotions. For example, with one of our promotions, you can save over a thousand dollars on a new HVAC unit, perfect for times when you’re ready to upgrade. Other popular deals include:
- 50% off your service fee when you bundle your service visit with a maintenance contract
- Free three-year labor warranty with a purchase of a new Carrier unit
- $250 off an iWave purifying system if you invest in a new AC unit in Raleigh
Alongside these deals we currently offer, we’re always looking for ways to serve our customers, so keep an eye on our promotions page for our latest offerings.
What Do I Do If My HVAC System Is Beyond Repair? How Much Does a New HVAC Unit Cost?
Sometimes, no amount of maintenance is going to fix an old HVAC system. When this happens, you’ll want to start looking for a new HVAC unit. One of the top concerns you might have while looking for a new unit is the cost.
Generally, the cost of your new HVAC system will depend on your home's square footage and the system size. With our promotions and financing options, you can receive an affordable and expertly installed HVAC unit once you are ready to upgrade.
Choose Newcomb and Company for HVAC Maintenance in Raleigh
With all of the ways Newcomb and Company can help you save on a new HVAC unit and reduce your overall maintenance costs, you might be interested in partnering with us. If you’re located in Raleigh, Wilmington, or the surrounding areas, take a moment to schedule a service today.If you have any questions or want a free quote, please feel free to contact us.
Need help? Call now.